The S.701 SART (Search And Rescue Radar Transponder) from SevenStar Electronics Ltd approved, and has been specifically designed with life-raft fitment in mind, as well as conventional carry-off use, is capable of auto activation in life raft installations, and is the smallest SART available today. It is the principal means of homing in the Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS).
Its exceptionally low power consumption makes it unique, as it is the first SART that can use non-hazardous batteries – safer, cheaper and easier to ship, deploy and stock.
Its unique digital design brings new levels of sophistication, with guaranteed lifetime performance, reduced component count and increased reliability.
S.701 is also unique because the SART electronics remain totally sealed during the battery pack removal and refitting – it is impossible to damage or de-tune the electronics, or allow the accidental ingress of moisture.
- Designed for “carry-off” and integrated life-raft applications
- Ultra-slim (only 40mm thick!), light-weight, automatic or manual activation
- 701 model includes mounting bracket, 10 metre buoyant tether and mounting straps
- Specify S.701-L/R model for liferaft fit
- Telescopic mounting pole option S.701MP
- Frequency range: X-band, 9.2 to 9.5 GHz
- Spec: IEC 1097-1 1992, IEC 90645, IMO 694(17)
- Designed to comply with Marine Equipment Directive and USCG/FCC requirements
- Non-Hazardous Battery: type SevenStar S.701B (Replace every 4-5 years)
- Tx power: > 400mW (+26 dBm)
- Rx sensitivity: better than – 50 dBm
- Operating life: greater than 96 hours in Standby mode, AND greater than 8 hours in Active mode – transmitting (at 1 kHz rate)
- Body in high visibility yellow to BS4800/10E53
- Indication: High-brightness LED on front face
- Operating temperature range: -20/+55 degree C
- Storage temperature range: -30/+70 degree C
- Waterproof to 10 metres
- Size: 332 x 80 x 40 mm
- Weight: 390 g
For any Enquiries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org